Sunday, March 9, 2014

Messy Chaos

I have always been the kind of person who lives in organized chaos. Saying my room was messy growing up isn't even the start. I have never been good at being organized. Now that I have three children I am finding it harder to function this way.

So how do you become an organized person having NEVER been one? How do you start to change those daily habits? Where does everything go?

These are the challenges I am constantly facing. I have never been able to keep a "surface" free of clutter.

I have been "researching" how to be an organized person. I understand the whole "put it in it's place or toss it" idea...but that is just it. To me it feels like some kind of foreign idea that looks great on paper but I have no real way of putting it into practice.

I feel like I should develop a 12 step program to getting organized:

Step 1: Admitting you have a problem

"Hello, my name is Yadira and I am a messy person. I can't keep an open surface clean of clutter."

The truth is that being like this is really frustrating. I love looking in home magazines and seeing these beautifully staged living areas. I would love for my children to learn to be more organized. I want to be a better example for them.

I am not really sure what my step 2 would be, but I know what I am going to do: this week is Spring Break and my husband has taken the week off. I am going on a serious purge!

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment